Ski Clinic: every Tuesday
morning, with same day MRI
Call us on 0208 944 0665
If you’ve been injured while skiing, visit our Ski Clinic at Fortius Clinic Wimbledon for fast and effective treatment to get you back on the slopes as quickly as possible. Run by Consultant Knee Surgeon Mr Jonathan Bell, the Ski Clinic offers an appointment and scanning on the same day. We treat and advise both amateurs and top professionals.
If you suffer a skiing injury it’s likely you will first be treated by a resort doctor. On your return, if possible bring any relevant x-rays or paperwork to the Clinic and we can provide you with the support and tailored treatment you need to get you back skiing injury-free as quickly as possible.
If your skiing injury should require more complex treatment, we will provide individually designed support in rehabilitation, sports physiotherapy and post-operative care, helping you to progress through any recovery period.
The five most common skiing problems are:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) rupture.
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) injuries.
- Shoulder dislocation.
- Skier’s thumb.
At our weekly Ski Clinic, we will not only treat and guide you through recovery and rehabilitation, but also help build your confidence and support your progress if you are returning from injury.
- Offers you help and advice from January to April.
- Treats all skiers, whether you are a first-timer or professional.
- Supports your progress towards our annual return from injury ski day – at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead.
We can also provide advice and training to increase your all-round fitness and help protect you against injury.
The ski-specific programme includes:
- Cardio exercise – Topping up lung endurance together with interval training such as spinning, or running.
- Strength and conditioning – Exercises that will help you adapt to demanding conditions, and combat fatigue.
- Flexibility and balance – Crucial elements in avoiding injury, with exercise to help your muscles work more effectively.
We can also provide advice on how you can choose the right equipment – just as important as your fitness in avoiding injury.
Manage your risk by:
- Taking time to select your gear.
- Adjusting your ski bindings correctly.
- Choosing your correct ski.
- Tuning your skis every 6-8 days.
- Not using pole straps.
- Wearing a helmet.
Contact our Ski Clinic now on 0208 944 0665 or email [email protected] to find out how we can help keep you stronger and safer on the slopes.
Contact us for an appointment
*At Wimbledon Clinics we comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (UK). We will never share your data without your permission and we will only use your data how you’ve asked us to.
INJURY PREVENTION SCREENING PROGRAMME
How well do you know your weak points and what you should do about them?
Do you have any questions? Explore our FAQ section for help with getting in touch with Wimbledon, clinics, finance and treatment types.
The Wimbledon Clinics is run by our specialist team of experts. Find out more about our consultants here.
GP & AHP REFERRALS
If you are a GP or AHP and would like to refer a patient, or find out more about Wimbledon Clinics services visit our referals page.
In recent years, 3D printed custom-made body parts have become reality, and, similarly, there’s been development in bespoke spinal implantsThere are many different ways to
ACL reconstructions can often take a long time to heal fully and leave the patient nervous about returning to their previous levels of fitness. The