Knee injuries, pain and arthritis can have a significant effect on your everyday life, hindering anyone involved in physical work or participating in sports, and sometimes restricting mobility.
We provide you with a full range of services to diagnose and treat knee injuries and other knee conditions to restore your confidence and active life.
You may have suffered a knee injury, or have a longer-term or arthritic condition, and are experiencing pain or discomfort. If so, you should have an initial consultation, where one of our team will make an assessment and determine what treatment – if any – you require.
In many cases, you may only need rest or light exercise. If your condition is more complex, then physiotherapy or surgery may be required. Whichever route is best for you, we will support you along each step to recovery.
Signs to look out for include:
- Pain in one of your knees, which can be worse when you move around.
- Swelling, bruising or both.
- Your knee may click or lock.
- Difficulty or knee pain when bending your knee.
- Weakness or inability to bear your weight.
- Stiffness and a crunching feeling in the joint.
These are just some of the indications in different knee injuries and conditions. You can be rest assured that:
- We have access to MRI and ultrasound scanning facilities.
- Our expert team will work closely with you to tailor and monitor treatment.
- Our knee surgeons are specialists in reconstructive surgery, sports-related injuries, complicated traumas, joint preservation and surgical replacement.
Injuries can include:
If surgery is required, our surgeon:
- Uses minimally invasive arthroscopic keyhole surgery.
- Works alongside our expert physiotherapists and sports physicians.
- Ensures you gain comprehensive care and treatment.
Our team is available to provide you with the highest standards in orthopaedic care and help you enjoy the best quality of life. To speak to us about your knee injury, please contact us via phone on 020 3962 1279, email [email protected] or use the form on this page.
Knee injury treatment
Contact us for an appointment
*At Wimbledon Clinics we comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (UK). We will never share your data without your permission and we will only use your data how you’ve asked us to. Please let us know if you’d like to join our mailing list to receive updates about our specialist consultants, the latest treatments for orthopaedic and sports injuries and prevention tips for common injuries.
In recent years, 3D printed custom-made body parts have become reality, and, similarly, there’s been development in bespoke spinal implantsThere are many different ways to
ACL reconstructions can often take a long time to heal fully and leave the patient nervous about returning to their previous levels of fitness. The
View Healthcare Hub >