Hip and groin
You can suffer the pain and restriction of hip or groin injuries at any age, and regardless of whether your lifestyle includes participation in sport.
We provide you with a full range of services to diagnose and treat hip problems. If you have suffered a groin injury, our expert multi-disciplinary approach gives you a prompt diagnosis, and a progressive treatment plan.
You may have suffered a groin injury, or have an ongoing problem that has not resolved, and are now experiencing pain or discomfort. If so, you should have an initial consultation, where one of our sports physicians will assess your condition together with a consultant physiotherapist to determine what treatment you require.
Your injury may require the immediate treatment of Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation – RICE. If you have a chronic or more complex condition, then medical treatment or, less usually, referral for surgery may be required.
Whichever route is best for you, we offer a multi-disciplinary approach that will support you along each step to recovery.
Signs to look out for include:
- Mild pain in your groin – or sudden acute pain.
- There may be swelling and bruising.
- Affected area may be painful to the touch.
- Any pain experienced may increase with movement.
These are some of the indications of a groin injury. You can rest assured that:
- We have access to MRI and ultrasound scanning facilities.
- We can prescribe anti-inflammatory and injection therapy treatment.
- We can provide a specialist rehabilitation programme.
- Our expert team will work closely with you to tailor and monitor treatment.
Groin injuries can include:
- Adductor-related pain.
- Abdominal related – either caused by pubic bone stress (osteitis pubis) or a group of conditions knows as “sportsman’s groin”.
- Hip-related pain.
If your injury is sports-related, our team of sports physicians and physiotherapists has the experience and expertise to help get you back out and confidently playing again as soon as possible.
Our team is available to provide you with the highest standards in orthopaedic care and to help you enjoy the best quality of life. To speak to us about your hip or groin injury, please contact us via phone on 020 3962 1738, email [email protected] or use the form on this page.
Hip and groin injury treatment
Contact us for an appointment
*At Wimbledon Clinics we comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (UK). We will never share your data without your permission and we will only use your data how you’ve asked us to. Please let us know if you’d like to join our mailing list to receive updates about our specialist consultants, the latest treatments for orthopaedic and sports injuries and prevention tips for common injuries.